[AZ-Observing] Need Advice on Losmandy Polar Alignment

  • From: <jwaters125@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 1:28:22 -0400

I have a G8 that I have been having some problems with.  I can not get an
accurate polar alignment on the mount.  I use the polar alignment scope
and align Polaris and the 2 other reference stars then proceed to drift
align the mount.  I have a feeling that my reticle in the polar scope is not
centered or I am drift aligning the mount incorrectly.

Is there somebody in the Phoenix metro area with a G8 or G11 that they
polar align for astrophotography?  I would like to meet up with you during
the next star party or chat over e-mail.

Jim Waters
EVAC