[AZ-Observing] NGC2683 - Inclined Spiral in Lynx

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:05:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I captured this image just after finishing my comet shooting last week, late
one evening.  This nearly edge on galaxy is very reddend by dust in its
galactic plane such that it has a distinctly yellow appearance.  The delicate
dust lanes near the core were a nice suprise, and I tried to keep my processing
minimal to keep a more natural appearance:

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/ccdimagepages/ngc2683.html

Clear Skies,

Chris

Schur's Web Portal: http://www.schursastrophotography.com