[AZ-Observing] NGC247

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:45:13 -0700

Hi,

The link below is to NGC247. It is a spiral galaxy about 11 Million light
years away in the constellation of Cetus. It is part of the Sculptor group
of galaxies, which includes NGC253. You can notice many of the background
galaxies in the upper and lower right of the image. If you click on the
"Full Size Uncropped" link below the picture you will see the original image
where north is up. I posted a rotated and cropped version because I think
the galaxy looks better viewed horizontal.

http://www.azstarman.net/NGC247.htm

Bernard