[AZ-Observing] NGC2264 (The Cone Nebula)

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:38:34 -0700

Hi,

The link below is to NGC2264, also known as the Cone Nebula. This image is
part of the larger Christmas Tree cluster and also includes the Fox Fur
Nebula. This image is a real challenge for my ST8300. The only drawback to
the ST8300 is the small full well capacity. Because of this, bright stars
can get very over-saturated. Keeping them under control is real processing
challenge.  I hope you like it and comments and suggestions are welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/NGC2264.htm

Thanks,

Bernard