[AZ-Observing] NGC2264 Narrowband Reprocessed

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:09:09 -0700

Hi,

I want to thank everyone who has responded to my previous post. I got some
very good information and web sites and I really appreciate it since I am in
learning mode with NB imaging. I got an additional 5 hours of SII and an
additional 4 hours of OIII and reprocessed my earlier image. I have posted
the original image and the reprocessed image at the URL below. I would
really be interested in which one people prefer.

The original image is a softer image with more blues, which I personally
like. The reprocessed image has much more red (due to the added SII data),
at the expense of the blues. However, the reprocessed image seems to have
more detail to me and less noise. It is a tough choice and maybe I should
just post both but I would be interested in what people think.

http://www.azstarman.net/NGC2264_NB.htm

Thanks,

Bernard