[AZ-Observing] Re: NGC 4725

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:45:13 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 I forgot to mention, what's with those clouds last night? I
was hoping to observe the N4725 group but a cluster of clouds blew in from the
south like a prelude to the monsoon season. I hope the weather isn't setting up
its summertime pattern of clear days (to make it hot)and cloudy nights (to keep
it hot).
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)
From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:24:51 -0700

One to be proud of Bernard.  My eye is drawn to the amount of dusty detail
that you captured in the main spiral arms of NGC 4725.  The background
galaxies peaking through the spiral arms at the top of the galaxy are
pretty awesome as well.  Did you overshoot with the sharpening?  I had to
go to the full size version and look closely at the stars in front of NGC
4725 to even notice.....so I'd say that's the most minor of quibbles.
Excellent work as usual.
Mike