[AZ-Observing] Re: NGC 4490(Cocoon Galaxy) and NGC 4485

  • From: Mike Wiles <mikewilesaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 23:17:52 -0700

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... There are dozens of faint galaxies in the uncropped version. ...
>
> Bernard

*That might be the understatement of the year - "dozens".   Man, I got lost
roaming around the uncropped version stumbling over one ultra distant
galaxy cluster after another.  Galaxies out number individual stars by at
least a 3 to 1 ratio in the uncropped.  I love images like this
one.....awesome shot.  *
**
*Mike*