[AZ-Observing] Re: NGC 2362 and NGC 2527

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:12:12 -0700 (MST)

>>  Tau Canis Majoris is composed of the
>>  longest period spectroscopic binary and the shortest period eclipsing
>>  binary known.

     This claim must be just for O-type stars, since there are plenty of
other sorts of stars with periods longer/shorter than the values given.

     In re NGC 2527, I have a file of the 45 or so stars in the area that have
been observed photometrically here:

ftp://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/ocpos/n2527.pos

This includes accurate coordinates for all the stars and BV photometry, so
one could make a plot from these to show the asterism Bill mentions.
Apparently the group is not a physical cluster.

\Brian