[AZ-Observing] Re: Murphy and his Law

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:53:03 -0800 (PST)

I thought you were going to write that you forgot your vibration
suppression hockey pucks again.

Thanks for the star party! It really made up for last month.

Like Steve had in his cat, I had some great views of Saturn using my
16" dob. I also had my best view ever of the Eskimo Nebula. It looked
great with lots of detail with a 7mm Type 1 Nagler and it even held
up to the 7mm Nagler + a 2x barlow! Seeing really settled down,
especially after midnight. Lots of bright and dark detail and a
perfect bright central star.

A bit damp, but managable even without power dew removal. I did put
my whole 80mm finder under my jacket after it first dewed up.

Oh and Steve: I'M LEAVING THIS MESSAGE THREAD NOW!

Joe Larkin