[AZ-Observing] Re: Mormon Mountain Star Stare Saturday

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 14:28:45 -0700 (MST)

>>  Dew was a problem all night, requiring some precautions.  This was still
>>  not the relentless back-East dew, but it was annoying enough.

     I was at Anderson Mesa after midnight, and driving home between
4 and 5am, there was fog on Lake Mary, which is not the usual thing
at this time of year.  (Typical of Arizona "lakes" this one has had no
water in it for quite some time.)  The fog was only there of course because
it had actually rained the day prior---also not the usual thing this
time of year.  FWIW, the dewpoint up on Anderson Mesa at 4am was 43F,
yielding 65% relative humidity (ambient temp 54F).

\Brian