[AZ-Observing] Re: More weather balloon

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:32:02 -0700

Server must be slow today, I posted about 1130 on a different thread about
it. I saw it this morning about 0500 when I left for work. Looked through my
10x25's I keep in my desk when I got to the office about 0545. IT was well
illuminated from behind then and showed a typical balloon pear shape. At
lunch I saw it  in the same direction (ENE) but about 40 degrees up (vs.
about 30 in the AM) so either it was getting higher or closer or both. Based
on Darrell's second post, it looks like closer. IN the binos at this time,
being illuminated more from the above and to the side, it looked more like a
soap bubble than a balloon

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews,