[AZ-Observing] More Mercury Photos

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TAAA Forum <taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:48:26 -0700

I'll add one of my Mercury transit shots to the many that have been
posted.  I set up in the backyard and shot with my 90mm f/12 Ceragioli
refractor and a Canon 20Da.  I have material to generate an animation as
I had the camera shooting on a interval timer every 5min.  It will take
a lot of work however as the mount was drifting without a proper polar
alignment and I need to re-register them all.  I spent the afternoon
making a pair of 22in elevation bearings and wondering over to the
'scope every 15min to center up the Sun.

http://www.siowl.com/photos/MercuryTransit20061108.jpg

Andrew

Andrew Cooper