[AZ-Observing] Re: More Future Light Pollution in Gila Bend...

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:41:16 -0500

Doughterty expresses my thoughts every time I drive through Maricopa on the way
to Vekol: "That their savings will be fleeting, since any money pocketed on
lower mortgage payments might soon be wiped out by countless hours in traffic
gridlock, is lost on the residents who flock to such outposts."

As for the proximity to Kitt Peak, the distance to Gila Bend is 95 miles versus
110 miles to Phoenix.  I bet they are more concerned about development between
Tucson and Nogales than what's on the already-lost northern horizon.

Tom