[AZ-Observing] Re: Moonlit Messier/Solar System Marathon

  • From: "Steven Dodder" <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:06:56 +0000

During one MM, Rosie and I were working on our Best of the NGC list at the
same time.  We logged 67 NGC's, plus 108 Messiers, plus a few double stars,
planets and odds and ends.  We observed 187 objects that one night.  We even
squeezed in a 2 hour nap!

Steve and Rosie Dodder
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

&gt;From: Brian Skiff &lt;Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx&gt;

&gt;      It was my feeing during the 2001 MM that if you had the energy
&gt;it would be straightforward to continue sweeping up non-Messier objects.
&gt;Even with my Pronto I would think you could pick up maybe 400 objects
&gt;during the course of the night.
&gt;
&gt;\Brian