[AZ-Observing] Re: Moon-Mercury-Jupiter from L.A.

  • From: Joe Orman <joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 15:43:40 -0800 (PST)

Here are my shots of the moon & planets on the evenings of December 28 & 29,
from Doheny State Beach (between L.A. and San Diego):
http://joeorman.shutterace.com/Moon/MoonPlanets_081228-29.html

Not bad considering I didn't have a tripod and had to hold the camera against a
post or whatever was handy.  Unfortunately, the fellow in the last image (a
neighboring camper in the headlights of his RV) was talking on his cellphone
rather than gazing up at the sky in wonder.

--Joe Orman

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, Tom Polakis  wrote:

Jenn and I left the Getty Villa in Los Angeles just after sunset without
knowing about the show in the west.  These four images were taken from
the beach near the Villa.