[AZ-Observing] Moon with the Lowell Clark refractor

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:35:14 -0700

One of the folks in our instrument shop, Peter Rosenthal,
took a shot of the Moon through the newly-refurbished
Lowell Clark refractor a few nights ago, which is
copied here (0.9Mb):

ftp://ftp.lowell.edu/pub/bas/Clark-Moon-2015Jul23.jpg

This is a single exposure with a Canon 5D with the
red channel only, and "no other digital shenanigans" Peter says.
The guys from the instrument shop are still
working on the very many small details of getting the
telescope back in action. They have other higher
priorities, specifically building spectrographs for
the DCT, but we hope they'll turn the Clark over for
public viewing soon.

\Brian