[AZ-Observing] Re: Moon is eclipsed

  • From: Sam Rua <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:07:47 -0700

Wonderful eclipse last night/this morning. The deep orange moon reminded me of
Mars, and had me thinking how cool it would be to have Mars that large in the
sky all the time. I took photos throughout the eclipse and will be processing
some of them over the next day or so. Here's a link to an image near maximum:

http://www.pbase.com/pegsam/image/155241123

It was also interesting to listen to the wildlife during the event. Coyotes
were howling, mourning doves and owls were calling, and javelina were tromping
through the yard as the eclipse was beginning. Then everything settled down for
a few hours. As the Moon regained full brightness, the wildlife activity picked
up where it left off. Kind of a surreal experience.

- Sam

Sent from my iPad