[AZ-Observing] Re: Moon Showing its X Tonight

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 06:28:54 -0700

That was 1981 but an actual "X" or "V" would have been unknown. It was
simply "XV" for "15" the number of the mission. I find the coincidence
humorous. Another memory was when we were standing out at the airfield,
actually looking up at the Moon and I ask him "What do you think when you
look up there?" he simply said in a kind of admiring tone "A home away from
home..." He was a great guy, very humble.

Thank you,

Jimmy Ray