[AZ-Observing] Re: Moon

  • From: "Steven Dodder" <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:33:53 +0000

Very well put, Jeff.  When I did my 110 list, I took the time to see some
objects at one phase and again at another phase.  Even seeing them at
roughly the same phase reveals slight differences of light v shadow.
Teriffic object, the Moon!
  Also, you're right about being comfortable while observing, it makes all
the difference in the world, so to speak.  :-)  Of course, that's true for
any observing session.  If you're comfortable, you tire less easily,
allowing you to concentrate more on what you're seeing, rather than how
quickly you try to see what there is to see, if that makes any sense.

Steve and Rosie Dodder
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman