[AZ-Observing] Mirror Casting Event for the Giant Magellan Telescope

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:49:10 -0700

Hi All-
I've made the following offer to the TAAA.  I do not know if there is any
interest from the Phoenix area or beyond, so let me know if there is interest
in coming down Saturday afternoon for a tour.  If we fill up we can likely do a
second group after the first.

-Dean

----- Forwarded message from ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----
    Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:45:05 -0700
    From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: Re: [TAAA_Forum] Mirror Casting Event for the Giant Magellan Telescope
      To: taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All-

Ok, here is the deal on the 8.4m casting on Saturday (14th)...  The TAAA may
attend as a group as long as I'm available to escort you.  The other
stipulation is that we cannot attend while the GMTO and partners are attending
from 1400-1600 (2-4pm).  To make it as convenient as possible (I've got to be
there during that time), I suggest meeting at the entrance at 1700
(5pm).  Note
that there is a UA basketball game earlier in the afternoon, but it should be
cleared after 4pm.

The rules:

Limited to 30 attendees

I MUST know you are coming - e-mail me privately, NOT to the forum.

Indicate your name or contact person with their e-mail and phone, preferable
cell, for contact that day in case of changes.

List the number in your party.  Realize if we fill up that bringing
Aunt Martha
along will restrict another TAAA member from attending.

Since we need to stay together as a group, please be prompt for the tour start
(again, 5pm).  I'm going to allow an hour for the tour - you may leave
early if
you like.

You may post general questions to the forum, but to limit bandwidth, please
contact me directly with your information.  It should be fun - nothing like
standing next to a spinning 1200C oven with 20 tons of glass fighting to get
out!

-Dean

Quoting tk-lappin@xxxxxxxxxxx:

----- End forwarded message -----