[AZ-Observing] Re: Mira bright

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:33:25 -0500

---- Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>      Although Arizona skies are not exactly conducive to observing,
> it seems worth mentioning that Mira has been coming up to a bright
> maximum in recent weeks.

Here's the "non-validated" light curve of Mira for the past 90 days from the
AAVSO site:

http://tinyurl.com/233kcx

If you want to do the same for any popular variable, start at http://aavso.org/
and then click on "Light Curve Generator".  I can report that the designations
Mira, o Cet, o Ceti, and omicron Cet are not recognized.  Omi Cet is recognized.

Tom