[AZ-Observing] Re: Mira bright

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:55:52 -0700

There appeared to be a hole over in the Buckeye area. So there might =
have been a chance that Andrew Goodwin could have looked over that way =
and seen Mira. As for "Snow???", what's that? This God forsaken desert =
is all I have ever known. Well, this and the God forsaken desert down by =
Tucson, where I was born).

Seriously though, now that Brian pointed it out I think I'll put =
together a "Mira" observing sheet see for my self how much this star =
varies and sketch it through out the year. Speaking of observing and =
sketching, I found myself very inspired by Jeremy Perez's presentation =
the other night. In fact I ran out to the art supply store, picked up =
all the goodies he showed (what they all do, I've yet to figure out) and =
have be practicing by sketching "M" objects off the computer screen. (I =
originally started with Jon Christensen's "Orion Nebula" shot but it got =
kinda overwhelming, really quick :-)Overall, I'm rather impressed with =
the improvement his tips make if you just work at it (with all of AJ's =
clouds hanging around there's plenty of time to work at it).=20

Jimmy Ray