[AZ-Observing] Re: Minor Planet Naming Rules

  • From: Klaus Brasch <krbrasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:36:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

 body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-co=
lor:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}Thank you Tom for that = much needed
clarification.
It must als= o be pointed out emphatically that the letter to the editor to
the AZ Daily= Sun about this matter is a personal opinion expressed by Mr.
P=utnam. It is not an official asteroid naming proposal by L= owell
Observatory. As the Minor Planet Center rules below clearly indicate,=
namingan asteroid is subject to specific guidelines and must be approved =
bythat body.
Now can we please get back to astronomy?
Klaus