[AZ-Observing] Re: Meteor City

  • From: Fran McHugh <mcqz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:42:20 -0700

You should check with the Coconino Astronomical Society
http://www.coconinoastro.org/
Meteor Crater is in their "jurisdiction" as are Sunset Crater and
Lowell Observatory.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Ken Sikes <kengsikes@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I was thinking about was something like some of the other type star
> parties, 3 or 4 days long with vendors, food services of some type, speakers
> like the Texas, Okie-Tex, or the Oregon star party. Yes it would take a club
> like Evac, Sac, or a combination of more than one club to make something like
> this possible. Meteor City was picked due to it's location near the Crater,
> Lowell, and Sunset Crater giving things to do during the day. I may be off
> base with the idea, but I also think it would be something to think about,
> Club presidents, Chris and David it's time to make Arizona a want to go to
> Star Party state.
> Ken Sikes

Fran McHugh
Recovering Petty Bureaucrat

The difference between "Bold" and "Stupid"
is often measured by the severity of your injuries.

fnmcqz@xxxxxxxxx