[AZ-Observing] Re: Messier Object Location App

  • From: "Tom Mozdzen" <tjmozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:57:55 -0700

It's really interesting to see that most of the objects are very close to
earth except for the globs and galaxies. As for the globs, I was really
surprised to see how they are all over the map, especially when compared to
the other types. Finally, for the galaxies, it makes sense that most of them
make an angle greater than ~45 degrees wrt the plane of the galaxy.

Thanks for the great tip! I really like to visualize the relative location
of the objects we look at.

Tom