[AZ-Observing] Mesa Astronomy/Geology Society

  • From: "astrogeoc" <astrogeoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Arizona Observing" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:14:25 -0700

Off Topic Announcement:
For those who may have an interest our guest speaker lecture schedule thru May
is now booked.  While we would like you to become a member or donate to help
defray stipends to out of town guests, it is not required.  So anyone
interested may visit to hear the lectures. In some cases there may be two
speakers of an evening.

January 18          Jeff Hester, ASU Astronomer
February 15        Mathew Fouch, ASU Seismologist
March 15            John Spencer, Lowell Observatory Astronomer
April 19              Ted Bowell, Lowell Observatory Astronomer
May 17              Ronald Greeley, ASU Planetary Geologist

Others promised in the future but no date set yet - Philip Christensen, ASU
Planetary Geologist; Paul Scowen, ASU Astronomer; Arne Hendren, US Naval
Observatory Astronomer; Rogier Windhorst, ASU Astronomer;  possibly Husband and
Wife team, Philip Massey and Diedre Hunter, Lowell Observatory Astronomers; and
Volcanologist, new to ASU next summer, Amanda Clarke of Penn State.  More to
come.

CONTACT ME OFFLINE to indicate an interest in future email notification or
membership.

Charles Crawford
astrogeoc@xxxxxxx