[AZ-Observing] Re: Memorial for Bob Goff

  • From: "Peggy Kain" <pegsi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:19:17 -0700

Dear Andrew:

It would be helpful for members of the various astronomy clubs to have an
address and directions to UMC in order to send flowers or to attend the
service in the Duvall Room.  Saguaro Astronomy Club has a Scholarships and
Grants Fund  to which the Schwarr family has given a scholarship.  Perhaps
other clubs have such a fund or might wish to establish such a fund..  It
might be worthwhile to pursue a joint effort to establish a Bob Goff
Memorial Scholarship to a deserving student in astronomy, astrophysics or
optics.

Our hearts go out to Valerie . . . thank you for your helpful information.

Sincerely,
Dr. Peggy Kain, Treasurer
Saguaro Astronomy Club