[AZ-Observing] Re: Meade Dealers

  • From: "William R Wood" <w.wood@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:32:51 -0700

Stan,

Based on my own dealings with local stores, your experience is typical.  I
have been buying all of my toys and virtually everything else via the
internet/mail order for the past 10-15 years in part due to the exact
problem you mention.  The UPS truck has worn a path to our house :)  Besides
getting unopened factory new stuff, the internet lets me avoid the time,
risk and cost of travel to/from local stores and I can always beat local
dealer's prices.  The two Meade/Celestron internet dealers I can recommend
are Astronomics http://www.astronomics.com/ and Anacortes
http://www.buytelescopes.com/.  OPT was ok but I had a problem with them
reneging on a price deal I made with a certain salesman; they relented after
I insisted that they honor the agreement but I never went back.  It is
always a good idea to check internet vendor's ratings at a site like
ResellerRatings.com.

Good luck with your new stuff.

Regards,

Bill Wood