[AZ-Observing] Re: McNaught tonight (Monday) ?

  • From: Jeremy Perez <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:20:22 -0700

Great shot, Tom. I finally managed to see it this evening from
Switzer Mesa. It took about ten minutes of scanning the twilight with
10x50 binoculars before I finally spotted the blunt coma and graceful
tail. I wish I was able to break away from work early enough to set
up my telescope, because it was definitely a beauty. After a cell
phone call and suggestion from Bill Ferris, I put on my stargazing
glasses and was able to pick out the coma naked eye. It's too bad
it's buried so firmly in the twilight. Sketches and my own attempt at
a photo can be found at the link below:

http://www.perezmedia.net/beltofvenus/archives/000634.html

Jeremy Perez
Flagstaff, AZ