[AZ-Observing] Re: Mars time

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, amastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 22:37:43 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 Nice drawing and write-up on Mars, Alan. BTW, there is a
nice Mars observers yahoo group which has been following Mars since its last
close approach and more seriously since the planet came from behind the sun.
One of the "benefits" of being out of work is that I have been able to observe
Mars for many months since it was about 5 arcsecs or so in apparent diameter.
The north polar cap has been quite apparent along with the interesting dark
band around it. I haven't really seen much other surface detail. On a humorous
note, for those who purchased their 2012 RASC Handbook, you need to be aware
that there has been a correction to the Dec 2012 page showing daily events.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17678378/2012.pdf  It looks like the year might be a
little short...
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)