[AZ-Observing] Re: Mars Polar Cap ( detached chunk) and Saturnis back

  • From: "Howard C. Anderson" <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:12:41 -0700

Hi,
I also noticed the separation in frames 4 and 5 of my Mars movie:
http://www.astroshow.com/mars/ccdmars.html.  Frames 4 and 5 were
taken in the Flagstaff area (Kelly Canyon Road) on 30 August at
10:01 and 10:39 respectively.  The seeing was pretty bad at those
points in time...

Thanks,

Howard

Brian Skiff wrote:

>>> I saw, to my surprise, what appeared to be a chunk of the S polar cap
>>> that was mostly, if not completely, detached from the main area of the cap.
>>>

>     yes, this apparently appeared last weekend or early last week,  In the
>Lowell Clark and its 12-inch guidescope it was quite well detached from
>the main body of the cap (by about its own width).
>
>\Brian
>--

Thanks,

Howard     (in Tempe, Arizona)