[AZ-Observing] Re: Mars Polar Cap (detached chunk)

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

The trick with busy groups is to use the digest format, IMO. But then
it is a pain to reply. I'm a member of about 20 yahoo groups, but I
only get mail from 3 or 4 of them, and only in digest format.

The chunk amazed me too! I knew about it from reading, but seeing it
really impressed me. I do pretty well with my 10" dob with very thin
plate glass (~3/4"!) primary from Discovery. I've been seeing good
detail on Mars, but this was one of my best observations.