[AZ-Observing] Marathon Results - preliminary

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,SAC Bored <SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,EVAC News <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:55:32 -0700

The tally that follows is a preliminary listing and should not be used
in any article.  Once the results have been verified they will be posted
here and or posted on the SAC web site.

Originally I had hoped to have the SAC webmaster post these results,
unfortunately I didn't get them to him soon enough, he works from about
2pm to 11pm, for the posting to occur today (Monday) because my nap to
help recover from the marathon went into double over time.

What I'd like for SAC, EVAC and TAAA officers to do is review the list
for correctness - are names spelled correctly, do scopes seem
reasonable, etc.  Those finding 110, 109 and 108 objects qualify for the
telescope plate and they should be members in good standing with
our/your club.

Today is Monday, and I'd like for the list to be reviewable for the next
three evenings, making Thursday the date for final decision.  Please let
me know, either way, by Thursday if there is any error with any of the
entries.

Once this is done the final list will be reposted, hopefully on the SAC
site, announced here and will be used for ordering the awards.

There is one item to be resolved between SAC and EVAC and that is paying
for members that hold dual club membership.  It turns out there are only
three; Tom Polakis, Dawn Schur and myself.  I have used the order given
on the list that was turned in.  In the past there hasn't been much ado
about this dual organization and I'd hope there isn't much this time.
My proposal is to use the club that appears first.  Any comments or
concerns about this, let me know.

Thanks to all for your support,
aj

THIS IS A PRELIMINARY POSTING PLEASE DO NOT BE USED IN ANY ARTICLE.
IT IS FOR REVIEW ONLY!!!

num  name               scope         organ.    notes
110  Chuck Akers        17.5"Dob      SAC
110  James-Delix Brix   16"Dob        TAAA
110  Jim-Robin Cassidy  NX11          EVAC
110  Bob-Pat Davidson   unknown       EVAC
110  Hinrich Eylers     NX11          EVAC
110  David Fredericksen NX11          SAC
110  Jim Gutman         unknown       EVAC
110  Howard Israel      NX11          EVAC
110  Doug Lang          SCT?          SAC
110  Brian Page         9.25SCT       EVAC
110  Tom Polakis        unknown       EVAC/SAC
110  Thad Robosson      15"f5DOB      SAC
110  Dawn Schur         8"f5DOB       SAC/EVAC(1)
110  David Shafer       LX200         EVAC
109  Joseph Converse    LX200         none(2)   74
109  AJ Crayon          14"/f5Dob     SAC/EVAC  74
109  Joe Bergeron       10"f6DOB      CLAS      74
109  Paul Dickson       14.5"f5Newt   SAC       74
109  Steve-Rosie Dodder C-8           SAC       74
109  Ray Horneman       LX90          EVAC      74
109  Jack Jones         14.5"f5Newt   SAC       74
109  Jennifer Keller    10"DOB        SAC       74
109  Paul Lind          unknown       SAC       74
109  Richard Payne      8"f6Newt      SAC       74
109  Matt Spinelli      8"SCT         EVAC      74
109  Rick Tejera        8"f6DOB       SAC       74
108  Bill Buckingham    10"DOB        AAJ       74, 73
108  Bob Frybarger      10"DOB        AAJ       74, 73
108  Wade Holguin       NX11          none      74, 33
108  Craig Kulesa       10"DOB        SO        74, 30
108  Steve Smith        unknown       SAC       74, 30
107  David Gale         10"f6DOB      TAAA      74, 33, 30
107  Dave Leanen        C-11          EVAC      74, 33, 110
107  Bill Lofquist      6"DOB         TAAA      74, 33, 30
106  Andess-Rick CarlsonC-8           DAC       77, 74, 33, 30
106  Maurine Hoffman    C-5           Sedona AZ 2, 72, 73, 30
106  Carter Smith       8"DOB         TAAA(3)   74, 33, 72, 30
105  Charles M. Eye     C-11          SAC       77, 74, 33, 110, 2
105  Hazel Lawler       20"DOB        TAAA      74, 33, 31, 32, 110
102  Aronne Merrelli    15"f4.5DOB    TAAA      77, 74, 49, 61, 2, 72,
73, 30
102  David Trogon       LX200         EVAC      77, 74, 33, 32, 110,
103, 72, 30
101  Roger Hutchins     15"DOB        EVAC      74 33 76 39 75 2 72 73
30
101  Dave Merrelli      15"DOB        MVAS      77 74 33 49 61 2 72 73
30
101  Rick Tejera        ETX60         SAC       74 95 96 105 108 109 102
91 16
100  Peter Argenziano   13.1"DOB      EVAC      77 74 53 68 83 29 39 72
73 30
 88  Janet Merrelli     unknown       MVAS
 84  Dennis Elarton     10"DOB        EVAC
 84  Sheryl Gambordella 8"DOB         SAC
 80  Al Stiewing        16"DOB        SAC
 67  John Matthews      ETX90         EVAC
 65  Anne Marie Cooper  LX200         SAC/EVAC
 65  David Hardinger    LX200         SAC/EVAC
 65  John R. Moore      LX90          EVAC
 65  Chuck Shields      LX-5          EVAC
 63  David Ingram       C-8           Kent, WA
 58  Nick DeMesa        unknown       TAAA

1 - first lady to find all 110 objects by herself!!
2 - From Piqua, Ohio
3 - a 10 year old!
AAJ == Amateur Astronomers of Jackson, Michigan
CLAS == China Lake Astronomical Society, Onyx, California
EVAC == East Valley Astronomy Club, Scottsdale, AZ
DAC == Durango Astronomy Club, Durango, Colorado
MVAS == Miami Valley Astronomical Society, Beaver Creek, Ohio
SAC == Saguaro Astronomy Club, Phoenix, AZ
SO == Steward Observatory
TAAA == Tucson Amateur Astronomical Association, Tucson, AZ