[AZ-Observing] Mallincam Question(s)

  • From: "David M. Douglass" <dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:24:31 -0700

As many here know, EVAC, in partnership with the Riparian Institute (Town of
Gilbert), operates the GRCO observatory, which is used as a public outreach
tool, allowing the public at large to view the night skies through
telescopes every Friday and Saturday evening, weather permitting.

We are currently considering adding a Mallincam camera to our configuration,
attaching it to the wide-field OTA (a Celestron 102mm Refractor [500mm FL]),
which is piggy-backed on the LX200-16” and feeding the resulting image to an
outdoor display so that the waiting visitors can see what is currently being
“observed” inside the dome.  We are currently talking with the Mallincam US
representative, trying to better understand the equipment, its capability,
and configuration needs.

Does anyone here have any direct experience with a Mallincam ??  Or even
better yet… does anyone here have access to one ??

David M. Douglass
dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (secondary)
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)
Cell  (602) 908-9092