[AZ-Observing] Re: Magnitude limit at Hovatter Antennas site

  • From: Jeremy Perez <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 22:09:00 -0700

Hi Steve,

Interestingly, I was doing the same thing on the 20th at Anderson
Mesa. I wanted to test my new stargazing glasses and see how far they
would take me. Like you, I sketched Ursa Minor:

http://www.perezmedia.net/beltofvenus/archives/000556.html

The faintest star I sketched was HIP 81757 (TYC4426-98-1) at mag.
6.8. I think I could've gone farther, and I know Anderson Mesa would
support better, but some incoming cirrus, and a desire to finish an
SW-3 observation put an end to it.

Brian, thanks very much for that list!

Jeremy