[AZ-Observing] Re: Magnitude limit at Hovatter Antennas site

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:11:35 -0700 (MST)

>>  ...though this is
>>  much fainter than Steve's "faintest star that I held steady"...

     By this I meant that I do not "hold steady" a star this faint,
but it is in the 10-20 percent detectability range.  The limit where
you simply look up and can instantly catch something is more like
the mag 6.5 that Steve quoted.  But this of course is way brighter
than the real threshold for any given site.

\Brian