[AZ-Observing] MARS MANIA! at ASU West

  • From: Paul Schmidtke <PAUL.SCHMIDTKE@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-OBSERVING@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:40:04 -0700

Hi Everyone!

In addition to Mars Watch 2003 at the ASU Main campus, we will celebrate
the close encounter with a little bit of MARS MANIA! at the ASU West campus
(47th Avenue and Thunderbird Road).

Telescopes will be set up from 9PM to 10PM on August 27th along the bike path
to the west of the soccer field.  (This is the same location we use for our
semi-annual Astronomy Open House.)  In addition to viewing Mars, we will
replay the 1938 radio broadcast "War of the Worlds."

The viewing (and listening) are free!  Bring your friends!

An online flyer is posted at http://www.west.asu.edu/atpcs/MarsMania.jpg

Note: This is not an "official" campus event, but coincides with the end of
my astronomy class on Wednesday night.  In case of bad weather (stay away
Ignacio), the event will be canceled.

-- Paul Schmidtke
   ASU West