[AZ-Observing] Re: M81-M82 w/ SN2014J

  • From: "Spencer, Darrell" <DSpencer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:10:20 +0000

I think it's probably safe to say that one man's data may not necessarily
equate to that of another's.

To construct an astro image - whether for aesthetic or scientific purposes,
using today's tools and technology - one definitely collects data.  In the
modern world, binary information, no matter if it's used for finishing touches
on "Angry Birds" or following the maturation process of Supernovae, is data.

The M81/82 pair has got to be the best in the sky (from Earth's point of view).

Nice composition, Darren.   I've been known to fuss about artistic license in
astrophotography once or twice, but I still like pretty pictures.

Darrell Spencer