[AZ-Observing] M8 Region

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TAAA Forum <taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, AZ-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 05:06:26 -0700

Spent all of last night playing with the new toy, the Canon 20Da.  I
attached it to a TV-76 and blazed away through the night filling a 1G
card and killing two batteries.  The results are very satisfying!  With
the summer Milky Way overhead there are dozens of targets available.
The contents of the card will keep me busy for hours doing the processing.

I did a quick job on one frame to share, M8 and area, this is a single 8
minute exposure, processed in Photoshop.

http://www.siowl.com/photos/NGC6523-20060525.jpg

The dawn is bright but my eyes are not, going to bed now...

Andrew

Andrew Cooper