[AZ-Observing] M11

  • From: Albert Barr <ajbarr@xxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 23:27:50 -0700

I am starting a new M33 which doesn't get high enough until around 11 pm
mountain time. So while I was waiting, I put 1.5 hours of LRGB 180s on M11, The
Wild Duck Cluster. I was going to crop this but I thought the wide field with
all the stars, dust and dark lanes looked pretty cool so I left it pretty much
as is. I used Excalibrator to get the colors right. I never imaged this before
and I think it's a neat little target.
Albert

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49526053@N04/9682277273/