[AZ-Observing] LunarEclipseNextTues/WedOct7th/8th & Fred Espenak joint SAC/EVACmeeting Friday Oct 10th7:30@EVACinGilbert

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 12:41:47 -0700

There is a Lunar Eclipse next Tues night/Wed wee hours.

Here is a great link from Fred Espenak's page for it:
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2014.html

including information for the October 23 partial solar eclipse.

Speaking of Eclipses, thee Mr. Eclipse himself will be making the talk on
the subject of the August 21st, 2017 total Solar Eclipse.

He is a real treasure, I'm sure the most knowledgeable person in the world
on eclipses, does the eclipse predictions for NASA, and probably anything
you ever saw about an eclipse included information Fred Espenak compiled.

Saguaro Astronomy Club and East Valley Astronomy Club are proud to present
Mr. Fred Espenak in a Joint Club Meeting

FRED ESPENAK OCT. 10 7:30
EVAC & SAC JOINT MEETING
TO BE HELD AT EVAC's PLACE

THIS MEETING IS ON SAC's REGULAR MEETING DATE: October 10, 2014 AT EVAC's
REGULAR MEETING
PLACE:  SOUTHEAST REGIONAL LIBRARY 775 N. GREENFIELD ROAD, GILBERT  85234.

Fred Espenak will open the meeting @ 7:30 with his talk, so don't be late

You are also welcome to join Mr. Espenak for a pre-meeting dinner at Old
Country Buffet, beginning at 5:30 PM on meeting night. The restaurant is
located at
1855 S. Stapley Drive in Mesa, about 5 miles from the library.

Everyone is welcome to attend (you don't have to be a SAC or EVAC member):

I think most of us know Fred Espenak aka Mr. Eclipse from the eclipse
prediction pages he does for NASA.

Fred thinks the upcoming total solar eclipse of 2017 would be a perfect
topic for his talk. (We do too!) This eclipse passes through the United
States on August 21, 2017.

iiiIMPORTANT!!!:  Saguaro Astronomy Club is NOT meeting at GCU on Oct. 10th.
We are meeting at EVAC's meeting place Southeast Regional Library in
Gilbert. The Southeast Regional Library is located at 775 N. Greenfield
Road, Gilbert, 85234. SouthEast corner of Greenfield and Guadalupe.  Hwy 60
to Greenfield, South to Guadalupe.

iiiJUST AS IMPORTANT!!!: East Valley Astronomy Club is _NOT_ meeting on the
usual 3rd Friday of October.  We are meeting on OCTOBER 10TH.

SO...THIS MEETING IS ON SAC's REGULAR MEETING DATE AT EVAC's REGULAR MEETING
PLACE.

To reiterate: THIS MEETING IS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 10, 2014 AT SOUTHEAST
REGIONAL LIBRARY 775 N. GREENFIELD ROAD, GILBERT  85234.

SO, DON'T FORGET: THIS MEETING IS ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 10, 2014 AT SOUTHEAST
REGIONAL LIBRARY 775 N. GREENFIELD ROAD, GILBERT  85234.

Hoping to see you all there!
Kind regards,
Jennifer Polakis, VP 480 967-1658 M24@xxxxxxx
Saguaro Astronomy Club www.Saguaroastro.org
(&)
Claude Haynes, President 480 221-6209Claude.Haynes@xxxxxxxxxxx
East Valley Astronomy Club http://eastvalleyastronomy.org/

For further information on Fred Espenak:

Astrophotography:        www.AstroPixels.com
Eclipse Photography:  www.MrEclipse.com
Eclipse Predictions:     eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov

The August 21, 2017 U.S. Solar eclipse:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_August_21,_2017
http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEmono/TSE2017/TSE2017.html

BY THE WAY, FOR OCTOBER 10TH'S MEETING, SAGUARO ASTRONOMY CLUB WILL MEET AT
THE SOUTHEAST REGIONAL LIBRARY IN GILBERT; AND EAST VALLEY ASTRONOMY CLUB
WILL MEET ON OCTOBER 10TH INSTEAD OF OCTOBER 17TH.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2014.html

http://www.mreclipse.com/