[AZ-Observing] Re: Lunar Eclipse from New River and Fountain Hills

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:07:20 -0700

This eclipse did not seem particularly dark, as they go, to me.  Has to
do mainly with the amount of upper atmosphere aerosols and volcanic
dust, I think.  Also the geometry. Max color from FH was a pale salmon,
with darker areas due to the mare. A lighter band seemed to move around
the rim.  The globe of the Moon seemed almost three dimensional against
the dark sky.  Several nearby stars were seen.

Very good animations on this site:
http://www.shadowandsubstance.com/

Gene Lucas
(17250)