[AZ-Observing] Re: Lower's Nebula

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 01:50:02 -0700

Albert;

Here is an observation with a 10 inch Newtonian.

Sharpless 2-261 10" f/5.1 Flatiron S+T=6 Very faint, large, irregularly
round.  The UHC filter helps the contrast somewhat.  Shown as 30X15
arcmin on U2#182, I only saw about 10 arcmin of glow around an
equilateral triangle of stars on the west side.  The hood helps the
contrast quite a bit.  Also, moving the scope from dark sky to site of
nebulosity helps show off the glow in contrast to a dark area nearby.

Lots of fun;
Steve Coe