[AZ-Observing] Re: Looking for Sombody With An Orion XX12i Scope

  • From: "Lucia Wheele" <nyclady@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:02:40 -0700

please remove me from your email list

nyclady@xxxxxxx

Lucia Wheele
luciawheele@xxxxxxxxx
602-686-0463
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Waters
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:50 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Forum SAC ; EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Looking for Sombody With An Orion XX12i Scope

All;
I am considering getting this scope.  I have specific questions about the
optical quality and mechanical design of the scope.  I have seen mixed
reviews on the optical quality and am looking for somebody that’s done
detailed star testing on the scope.  I am looking for something that’s
much better that 1/4 wave and has a high Strehl ratio.  I also have
questions about the mechanical design.  Is it well designed, stable... etc.
I would like to talk to you if you have this scope or the XX12g.  Please
contact me.
Jim Waters
SAC / EVAC