[AZ-Observing] Re: List of objects (was NGC 709)

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:27:41 EST

Joe,
Are you refering to NGC 6726-7-9? near Globular cluster 6723 (which is just
across the border in SGR? IF so i agree that this is truly a very interesting
group. I observed them at Eagle Eye in July 2002. IMy original pobervinfg plan
had gone out the window, why I don't rmember, So I decided to take a look a t
some stuff in an obscure constellation. Sky Atlas showed 6723, 6726-7 (but not
6729) so I decided to have a peek. I remember spending quite a bit of time on
these trying to coax as much detail as I could. It made the night worth the
trip.
Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club