[AZ-Observing] Re: Leonid Peak

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:46:05 -0700

At 16:39 -0700 11/16/04, Stanley A. Gorodenski wrote:
>I was led to believe from reading skypud.com that the Leonids were
>expected to peak Wednesday morning, but it appears there is some
>speculation that it might be Friday. Does anyone have more information
>on the expected peak?
>Stan

See http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/11/16/meteor.shower/index.html

(CNN) -- The annual Leonid meteor shower is set to rain space dust
over Earth for the next few days, putting on a show for night
skygazers. Astronomers disagree as to when the shower will peak --
some say Wednesday, others Friday.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************