[AZ-Observing] Re: Latest Jupiter Probe is on its Way

  • From: Rick SCOTT <rmscott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:37:29 -0700

Sorry, I wrote them reversed, it should read:

Sparkies and gearheads are affectionate names given to electrical and
mechanical engineers, respectively, by each other.

Rick

Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:22:56 -0700
From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK I give, what's a Sparkie? I even went to sparkies.com and all it
talked about was "quantum psychics"(sic).

Jack

Rick SCOTT wrote:
PASADENA – The Juvenile Punk Laboratory (JPL) announced the latest
spacecraft that is on its way to Jupiter. The $500 billion spacecraft,
the latest generation of deep-space probes to study the planets of the
outer solar system, is the Jupiter Orbiting Kinetic Energy Reporter
(JOKER). It main purpose is to determine the kinetic energy response of
Jupiter to external stimulus.

The main instrument aboard the JOKER, the Trans-Resonance Isotropic
Carrier Kinetic Sensor (TRICKS), uses the Galileo Orbiting Topography
Checking Algorithm (GOTCHA) software. Other instruments aboard the
spacecraft are the Back-scatter Ozone Observatory (BOZO), Ca-Line
Occultation with Neutrons Sensor (CLOWNS), and Lower Atmosphere Uranium
Gas Hyper-Energy Tomography Radiometer (LAUGHTER).

This five year mission is operated by the Gearhead Space Flight Center,
a subsidiary of the Nerds and Sparkies Administration (NASA).