[AZ-Observing] Re: Last night at Antennas

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 01:32:26 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

It was a frustrating weekend with high thin clouds Friday and Saturday. Sunday
the cloud cover was too thick and widespread to attempt anything. It wasn't
possible to do any real deep sky observing the past few days. I observed a few
of the brighter Messier objects on Friday and Saturday, but not much detail was
seen even in them. The temperatures were very comfortable and it was calm. Then
came Monday with the winds roaring through all day long, just now starting to
die down a little. It might even be clear tonight, but I see a bunch of the
schmutz that interfered with observing late last week sitting in the western
skies which usually blow our way. I don't know which I hate worse, the windy
clear nights or the hazy calm nights! Neither one can be truly used unless you
enjoy wide doubles or bright open clusters.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)