[AZ-Observing] Re: Last night

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:20:44 -0700

I was at BTA last night.

Earla and I arrived around 6:30 and set up a recently acquired 8" DOB to
test out the Intelliscope controller I installed.  In the end I wish I had
brought the 11" with me.

The evening was a 9 out of ten from start to finish.  Even Sirius was
steady.  Not too many Lyrids, I saw only one but Claude and another couple
saw two additional for I think the evening's count of 3.

I spent a fair bit of time in the Leo/Coma area with some looks at some
other old favorites around the sky.  The pesky mountains to the East and a
departure time of around midnight prevented Scorpio and Sagittarius from
being explored.

Temps were balmy and I put on a light pull over around 10pm.  Shorts were
fine for the rest of the evening.

All in all a very good night that made up for missing so many over the last
year and a half.  My work schedule seems to have me out of town doing trade
shows whenever the AASP and AAMM are going on.  These same events seem to be
scheduled during new moon weekends as well.

Sigh,

Beevo
K7BVO