[AZ-Observing] Last Night at Antenna?

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 09:04:15 -0700

I wonder how last night at Antenna turned out. Up here in Dewey it was
cloudy going into the night. I did not do any observing but it appears
the cloudiness may have persisted throughout the night because this
morning there is significant cloudiness.

BTW Tom, yesterday you were wondering how cirrus clouds can be burned
off. As you know the Earth is warming from anthropogenic causes.
Yesterday I saw an image of the Earth that shows how hot it is
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/Hot%20Earth.jpeg <grin>
You can see it is like a furnace and the radiative heat (like the Sun's
corona) can easily be seen in the image. This, by itself, can easily
burn off cirrus clouds. <grin>
Stan